Thursday, October 6, 2011

Week 7: How to Make Money Blogging


Blogs somehow make money, but how it is done? by popular belief most people think that blogging is solely made by advertising, but the process a bit more complicated than that. An article from Microsoft explains that blogs make money in five ways. 


1. Sell advertising

2. Help sell others' products

3. Solicit contributions

4. Market your services in your blog

5. Use a blog to deepen your existing customer relations

Because many on this list are self explanator, I’d like to concentrate on some points that seemed very intriguing to me as a new blogger. “Market your services in your blog” is the most applicable to those writing a blog with a theme or premise or particular stance. My blog, for example, is a football analysis, fantasy football analysis, etc. If I make my blog professionally, excluding rants and bias, and post frequently enough to attain a fan base for my blog, interest will grow for “fantasy advice sites” to advertise on my blog. 

Overall the article is an essential read for those wanting to make money by blogging, and I highly recommend it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment